Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011

OK...I fell off the blog bandwagon there at the end of 2010. We ran into a spell of sickness and it took just about everything out of me to keep up with all that's on my plate and the rest of the family. I thought I would start this year off right and get back on the bus! I just had a little trip down memory lane as I went through my blogs of 2010 and it was so much fun. God has really done great things in 2010! I just have to share one thing before I get to the meat of the blog :)

I was going through my goals in January of 2010 and I came across one that made me giggle. On 1/20/10, my birthday, I had blogged about 32 things that I want to do in 2010. #10 was "To learn something different in the 32nd book of the Bible...Jonah". At the time I wrote that, I had no clue that I would ever go thru a study of Jonah! I probably chuckled a little thinking that I knew all about Jonah and there was no way I could learn anything else about the guy! Here I am, studying the book of Jonah with my Monday AM small group. We started in November and God has totally been speaking to me thru this study. This Christmas, I was able to go to some family members and apologize and explain for my "interruption" that I had a couple years ago. It produced conversations that I didn't think would happen and I feel so free. It's thanks to Jonah, for making me realize that I ran, just like Him. God works in mysterious ways!

So on to my/our goals for 2011. I'm going to incorporate this into my age, once again. I love numbers and doing it this way is so dag on fun! Here it goes ;)

#1 Since I'm turning 33, the same age that Jesus was when he was crucified, I want to live more like Christ.
#2 To be 33 pounds lighter (I'm giving it another go)
#3 To pay off our car
#4 To make three new friends
#5 To learn to make my own laundry detergent - thanks Nicole for getting me excited
#6 To pray more for my brother
#7 To drink more water than Dr. Pepper :)
#8 To eat more at home instead of eating out
#9 To build our savings account
#10 To make something special for my girls this Christmas
#11 To go on a once in a lifetime trip on 11/11/11 in Montana
#12 To start making jewelry with Ana & Aiva
#13 To learn how to better communicate with Aiva
#14 To show Nate more affection
#15 To encourage my dad
#16 To visit my Nana & Grandpa more
#17 To give blood once this year (I'm scared to death)
#18 To eat a star fruit
#19 To make something for someone
#20 To get to bed at a decent time
#21 To work out
#22 To play with the girls instead of having something else entertain them
#23 To make more time for Nate
#24 To make more time for myself
#25 To read more to the girls
#26 To take time out for Ana and spending time with just her
#27 Try to eat more vegetables (yuck)
#28 To appreciate the things we have instead of what we don't
#29 To think outside the box more
#30 To enjoy the girls laughter instead of telling them to be quiet
#31 To be a friend to someone who needs one
#32 To be quiet and listen to God
#33 Take more pictures to capture life

Financial Updates

Baby Step #1 - Save $1000 in an emergency savings plan

DONE

Baby Step #2 - Get out of debt with the debt snowball

ALMOST DONE Car needs paid off and we'll be done

Baby Step #3 - Start saving 3-6 months of expenses in savings

STARTING Hopefully in February

Baby Step #4 - Invest 15% in a Roth IRA

CURRENTLY DOING 8% IN MY ROTH

Baby Step #5 - Future funding for kids

SAVING $100 PER CHILD PER MONTH

Baby Step #6 - Pay off home early

Baby Step #7 - Build wealth & give


Like I said, this was a meaty blog. Hopefully I can keep it up and get back on track. I really enjoyed looking back at the past year and recalling all the great memories. Here's to a great 2011!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette