Thursday, March 24, 2011

Word-Filled Wednesday

So the Word of the days comes from 1 Corinthians where it talks about the body of Christ. I had one of the elders at church today (Thursday) refer me to it about something I was talking to him about and as I was in the Word I saw something that peaked my curiosity. In verse 11 there was a little morsel that God planted right there for me. Here it is:

1 Corinthians 12:11 - All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.


In the verses proceeding this verse God is talking about distributing gifts and how he gives certain gifts to certain people. I love that no matter how hard we TRY to like a certain hobby, or sport, or activity, He determines if it/you is going to work as it should. Reminds me of my sewing machine that's been sitting in my closet for the past year and a half. A part of me wants to break it out and get to work but a BIGGER part of me says, NNNAAAHHH! I have picked up a new hobby and I've really enjoyed it...jewelry making! It's fun and I can do it for myself and others. Doesn't cost too much either! Who knows, maybe enough time spent in JoAnn's and I might venture to the sewing stuff!


Another thought that came to mind when I read this verse is of my daughter. Ana has been talking forever about taking karate. What the heck...of all activities she picks karate! I've put it off as long as I can and this week I bit the bullet and signed her up. She went tonight for the first time and LOVED it. She looks pretty darn cute in her little outfit too. It doesn't matter how much I want her to play soccer, or to take art, God may have DETERMINED for Ana that karate is something that she's going to be good and excel in.


We all have gifts and talents that God wants us to use for Him. What's yours? Just something to think about. That's your Word of the day...Make it a good one!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette