Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Word-filled Wednesday

The "Word" of the day comes from 1 Corinthians 10:13 which says: 1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message) - No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

The gal who is leading my new small group has used this verse in referring to our new study "Craving God", and it has gotten me thinking. I think my favorite part of this verse is at the end - he'll always be there to help you come through it. How comforting is that? How many times have you been "pushed past your limit"? How many times do we forget that God will never let us down? We need to remember that whatever we're going thru - money problems, marriage problems, problems with our kids, problems at work, problems with family - God will never let you down. He'll always be there to help you come through.

I think it also helps me remember that someone has always had it worse then me. Someone has gone thru the test of life and no matter how hard I've had it, they've gone thru worse. Makes me think of the pain and heartache that God had to go thru to see his one and only Son dying on the cross. He could have stopped it at any time but he didn't because he loves us so much. Do you love Him enough to ask Him to help you push past your limit?

That's your "Word" for the day...make it a good one :)

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette