Saturday, May 30, 2009

Walking

We love to go on walks! It's a good thing that we live close to a lot so we have many options when we decide to go on an adventure. Today I had plans to do many things, shopping being number one on the list. I needed to get a slipcover for our couch and a few other things but God had other plans. When it was time to go I couldn't find me keys...I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. I could decide to be mad or I could decide to make another plan. I opted for plan #2. It was almost lunch time so I decided to take a walking adventure. Our first stop would be McDonald's. An immediate favorite stop! We got lunch and took our time, as we knew that Nate wasn't going to be home for a few hours. After that we left for the store. I had to take a video back to the red box and the girls love to make the transactions. While we were there we had to get another movie for the girls - I thought they could take their rest time while watching it (and hopefully fall asleep!). We picked up Mickey Mouse Club House. Who doesn't love Mickey! While we were at Kroger, we decided to browse, since we had time. The Kroger by our house has a nice OSU "store". The girls ran into a big Brutus that instantly became a hit! After that, we headed over to the new thrift store to check for any goodies. We ended up with a beach ball, a skirt and a pie dish for me. I collect Royal China ceramic pie plates from the Country Harvest collection and I was delighted that they had one that I don't have yet! It was the green apple pie plate. I have the red one but I don't have the green one! I was in heaven!! I couldn't believe my treasure! It was only $1.99!! Once I got it home, my aunt called to tell me that she was at a thrift store on Morse Rd and found me a blueberry pie plate from the Country Harvest collection! Two in one day! She didn't know I had got green apple today so it was kind of a funny thing. Looks like I'll be making lots of green apple and blueberry pies! Long story short, I think I'm gonna have to go on more walking adventures to the thrift store!

2 comments:

The Corven's said...

What a fun adventure! And, I expect a pie sitting on my ddorstep tomorrow morning! Sounds delicious! :)

Tiffany said...

Oh, sounds like so much fun! I love adventures, especially unexpected ones. It just makes you feel like you really made the most out of your day! Yea!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette