Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brilliant

I'm sitting in a quiet house and I'm not quite sure what to do. The first thing that came to mind was blog then pray so that's what's on the agenda. Nate has a sleep study tonight that both of us are a little apprehensive about. This week Nate has to undergo a sleep study and a stress test so it's going to be a emotional week as we try to figure out what, if anything, is going on with Nate. I haven't talked much about it b/c I'm hoping that Nate just needs reassured to make sure that all is well and we can move on. Who knows. Hopefully after these tests we'll know more. Before Aiva went to bed, she gave me a Tinkerbell sticker that has Tink and the word "Brilliant" on it. It got me thinking to how much that word applied to today both literally and sarcastically. Trying to get Nate up out of bed, which took 15 minutes - Brilliant. Picking out a necklace from a friends Lia Sophia party - Brilliant! New news that I can't go into, at work - Brilliant. Getting a great salad at Monte Carlos - Brilliant! Arguing with Nate about a silly phone call - Brilliant. Having some great prayer time with a co-worker - Brilliant! Coming home to Nate still being a little upset with me from the phone call - Brilliant. Pulling steaks out of the freezer hoping I might be able to make it up to him - Brilliant! After cooking the steaks, finding out that they tasted horrible - Brilliant. Nate going to the store to get me a pie crust so I can make a blackberry pie - Brilliant! Having to go back to the store to get the correct pie crust - Brilliant. Getting back in time for Nate to leave and having some prayer time with him - Brilliant! Seeing him pull away, knowing I'll be in bed by myself - Brilliant. Coming up to the girls room and seeing that Aiva put a HUGE pile of clothes away today on her own, on hangers and all - Brilliant! Finally realizing the house was completely quiet - Brilliant. Having a good looking blackberry pie - Brilliant! Knowing that I really screwed some things up today - Brilliant. The feeling that God has already forgiven me and loves me just the same - Brilliant!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette