Sunday, July 19, 2009

Date


This past Friday, Nate and I went out on a date. We had the best time and neither of us wanted Saturday to come. If you know us, you know we don't go out as often as we should or like but such is life. We need to find a regular teenage babysitter but that's a whole new post to blog about. Getting back to the date. I've been planning this for two months so needless to say, I was a little more excited than Nate. He had no idea what was up my sleeve and I was rather happy about that. I love doing things that surprises him and makes him happy. From early on in our dating relationship, I knew his family had a special bond with the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". I don't know what it is but his dad loved watching the movie and it's a standing joke that when we're all together, he loves to ask who wants to watch it. When I saw that the Ohio Theatre was playing the movie I knew that it would be an immediate hit with Nate. It also topped the cake that it was at the Ohio Theatre. Such a cool place to watch a movie. I used to go with my parents years ago to watch silent movies but haven't been back since. I couldn't hold my silence any longer so on Thursday night I spilt the beans. He was ecstatic! He hadn't been to the Theatre since grade school so he was pumped. We dropped the kids off at my parents and headed to downtown Columbus with the first stop being at Spaghetti Warehouse. We couldn't go downtown without having stopped here first. It's like a prerequisite for going downtown! Dinner was great and it was so weird to not have kids but we definitely managed. I of course had to get a Shirley Temple...another prereq for going downtown and going to SW. I've done this ever since I was a kid so there's no need to break tradition. After we were done with dinner we headed to the Theatre. We were there early so it was great to take in the sights of downtown and the Theatre. The movie was great and we had a ball. We really need to do this more often. After the movie, we headed back to our car and I couldn't help but take in the building that is next to the Theatre. It was amazing. The way it was lit up was just breath taking. Call me crazy I know...my dad's an electrician so I tend to look at lighting a lot but it truly was amazing. If it were up to me we would have headed to the Rave to watch The Proposal but we had to head home and rap up the night early. We had to get the kids early Saturday b/c my parents were going on a "trip" and I knew that if we got home at 1/2AM it would be a hard Saturday. It proved to be a good idea. We really had a great time and very much look forward to the next time out...maybe November??!! Hope it's not that long but it was a nice evening!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette