Monday, July 27, 2009

CVS 2

Recently I started going to CVS to take advantage of the ECB's and so I could start getting some free stuff. This Sunday was my first official trip and I think I did fairly well. I learned a lot and made some mistakes that I know I'll never do again. Overall, it was a successful trip...or should I say trips. I went a total of three times because I knew I wouldn't have time to go to Monday or Tuesday. Here's the run down of the three trips:

Trip One (this was my plan)
Starting with $5 ECB Buy:
(1) Colgate Total Toothpaste $2.88
(2) Composition Note Book .99
(2) CVS Erasers .99
(2) Neutrogena Cosmetics $5 B1G1
Use:
-$1 off Colgate
(2) -$3 off Neutrogena
-$5 ECB
Total Due: Nothing
Get Back: $5.96 ECB ($2, $1.98, $1.98)

When I got to CVS the whole Neutrogena thing threw me off. I thought I had it figured out when I left the house but my brain turned to mush once I was there. This was basically due to having both kids and Nate with me. I won't do this again - Lesson #1. My problem was that I didn't read the instructions correctly on southersavers.com - Lesson #2. I should have had 2 coupons for $3 off. Instead I had two coupons but they totalled $3 instead of having two coupons that totaled $6. The instructions also read that the product should be $5. I couldn't find any of these lower priced products which is why I bought a $8.99 item - Lesson #3 (when in doubt...don't buy). I basically walked out with all the above and I paid a little over $9 bucks. I was a little bummed with myself for paying that Neutrogena stuff but after using it this morning I think it was a good buy.

Trip Two
(3) Kashi Products $3.33 ea
Use:(3) -$1.50 off Kashi
-$5.96 ECB
Total Due: -47 (bought a treat for the girls - who were with me - Refer to Lesson #1)
Get Back: $5 ECB

After this trip I walked out feeling very successful. Who doesn't like to get one of the most expensive cereals for free? On top of that, I got $5 ECB back. Now... if only the cereal were that good. After I opened it up last night it's no wonder I got it for free. That stuff is nasty! Because it was free we will eat it...it may take a month but we will get through it!

Trip Three
(1) Colgate Total Toothpaste $2.88
(2) Generic Post Its .99
(2) CVS Staplers .99
(1) CVS Tampons 1.89
Use:
.75 off Colgate
-5 ECB
Total Due: $3 something
Get Back: 3.87 (1.89, 1.98)

OK, so here is where I learned Lesson #4. If it says Limit 1...it really means Limit 1 FOREVER...not only for that visit. I got the toothpaste for 2.88 minus .75 but I didn't get the ECB that went with it. Bummer. I have no idea where my other ECB of 1.98 went either. I know the 1.89 was for the tampons and the 1.98 was for the Post Its, but I think I should have gotten another 1.98 back for the staplers. I think I should have kept it to two trips in one day because by trip three my brain was fried to even ask where my other 1.98 ECB was - Lesson #5.

ECB Remaining: $3.87
Total Out of Pocket: $12 something
Total Merchandise Purchased: $43.57

Overall, like I said, it wasn't a bust but I definitely could have done better. Here's to next week. I better have a heck of a plan if I'm going to start out with $3.87 ECB's!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette