Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

OK, so I skipped over most of December. So sorry about that. After being sick in December it was hard to get back into the swing of things but we did continue to celebrate the 25 Days of Christmas only on a lower level. We had an amazing Christmas and many memories that I will store away forever. We had Christmas over at my parents house with my brother's family and mom and dad. We had an amazing time. I was so glad we did it on a Saturday so it didn't feel so rushed and we could really enjoy being together.

Next came our family Christmas at home and it was so much fun. The girls played with their new toys, we made gingerbread men and watched movies and sang songs. It was a great day. I will never forget Aiva's face when she ran up to our room on Christmas morning to tell us that Santa had been there. She had come up those stairs quicker than I've ever seen her come up the stairs before. She was bumbed she didn't get the Barbie car she asked for but if she didn't change her mind on the 20th of December to include the Barbie car she may have had a good chance to get one. Next year she knows to turn in her requests early and keep to them! Ana too...she wanted a Dora kitchen and it never showed up from Santa. The vowed to write their letters next year and saw the repercussions from not doing it in 2009!!

After we had our family Christmas, the next day we drove to Nashville to be with his family for a week. It started out by going to the Rockettes which Aiva and I had a great time. It was a little rushed b/c as soon as we got into town we went to the theatre to see them perform. After the Rockettes we went to the Hiding Place which is a massive cabin that my mother in law gets through work and we don't have to pay for it. There are rooms for everyone that include our own bed and bathrooms. We LOVE the Hiding Place. There are 12 total rooms and we used all of them except 2 this year. I'm sure next year, all 12 will be used! We were there from Saturday until Wednesday night. It was so nice to wake up late and just be lazy and let all 7 kids run through the house. The loved playing ping pong in the basement or heading up to the third floor conference room, which for our time there became the "Girls Club". There are 6 girls and 1 boy! Thursday, the mom's and Danelle went to a movie (Up in the Air) and ran to get stuff for New Years Eve. We had the best spread of food and I think my head is still spinning from cutting up all that fruit for fondue. It was a lot of fun though...after many hands of poker (for the others...not me) it was time to ring in the new year. We saw the guy drive over the water to a barge and then watched the ball drop and then I called it a night. After that for the next couple days, all we saw or heard was football! With 5 guys (6 including Saylor) the girls were outvoted for what to watch on TV. Thank God there was another TV...Jes and I watched many movies, all of which the girl never ended up with the guy, but oh well. On Saturday it was time to head to the mall so we went to Oprey Mills...with all the kids. It was a little crazy at first but once I changed my attitude it was a great time. The kids rode the carousel and we shopped and ate. 2 pairs of crocks and 6 suckers later it was time to head home. I'm not sure what we did that night but I'm sure it had something to do with Poker! Sunday was the day we headed home which was a good and a bad day. We did have so much fun hanging out with family and not having to work but it was nice to get back to my bed and the quietness of two children...if that's any quieter than 7!

So sorry to anyone who is still reading this! I love to record my thoughts and activities because it helps me remember! So with 2010 at our door, here it goes: Happy New Year...better late than never!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Sounds amazing. Glad you had such a great Christmas!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette