Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Change

So a few weeks back I had said that I was going to get the book "The Makers Diet" and give it a try. I'm still on Chapter 7 but I'm determined to finish it up. Here's a few highlights that peaked my curiosity or made me what to ask more questions:

-We can make our bodies strong and more disease-resistant if we take the necessary steps to do so.

-The Israelites followed a diet established by God and were consistently healthier than all of their neighbors.

- We do everything we can to keep "Junior" from getting dirty. The sad truth is , our environment is too clean. Immune cells that do not have adequate exposure to soil microbes tend to overreact when they do come in contact with them.

- We over sterilize everything with disinfectant dish washing, hand soaps, and shower gels which destroys beneficial microbes.

- According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, 95 percent of the children in the US will receive treatment with antibiotics for a middle ear infection by age 5.

- A healthy gastrointestinal system has a balance of approximately 85% "good" bacteria to 15% "bad" micro-organisms. Unfortunately, most of us show the reverse ratio.

- From biblical times to just before the Industrial Revolution, people used to go to sleep and rise with the setting and rising of the sun. We should do the same.

- Authorities tell us that one hour of sleep before midnight is equivalent to 4 hours afterward.

- Physicians have little to no training in nutrition.

There are a ton more little facts that I ran into and found interesting but I'd rather not share just because I'm sure there will be those who have their own opinions. I'd rather not have a knock down drag out fight on my blog or facebook page! If you're remotely interested in finding out more, check out the book "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, This is great! Clarifies
many misnomers I've seen

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette