Monday, September 27, 2010

Teeth

I'm just going to put it out there and like it or not, it's my opinion. I'm not a big fan of teeth. It probably started at the ripe ole' age of 7. I got braces put on my teeth at 7 and off when I was 14. It wasn't that my teeth were all that bad but it was because I had my braces done at OSU. With it being a teaching hospital they thought it necessary to teach on me a little too much! Because I was poked and prodded on I now hate to visit the dentist. My teeth seem to be fine but I do have "issues' from time to time. Nothing major just minor issues. This time it seems to be something I just can't run from. I need to get a root canal. I've tried to give it time in hopes that it will just go away but I'm at the point now to where I feel like Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway and I'm ready to knock this baby out with an ice skate. I've bit the bullet (no pun intended although I'm ready to bite on anything to take the pain away) and made the appointment for Friday. Unfortunately it's Monday and Friday can't come soon enough. Until then, does anyone have some vicodin or Tylenol 3 I can have? Kidding...only kidding. I will get by with my heating pad and 800mg of Ibuprofen. If you see me on the hunt for an ice skate you'll know why :)

2 comments:

Aimee Miller said...

I hear ya, Meggan. I don't know if you remember, but when I was at band camp in high school, I had a little mishap with my clarinet. Basically it jammed into my top front tooth. It ended up getting an abscess in the bone and I had to get a root canal. All that to say, after the pain, the root canal is really not that bad. Hang in there 'til Friday and then you'll be feeling much better!

Meggan said...

Thanks Ams! Glad I've got someone who "feels my pain"! LOL

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette