Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Anastasia

Today was Anastasia's birthday. She turned 4 years old today. My how time has passed. I can remember the day she was born. It was my first official day off work for maternity leave and I was getting ready to welcome my mother in law and brother/sister in law into town for the weekend. I had just gone to the store and Aiva and I stopped at my mom's to chat. Not sure why I did that especially with milk and other perishables in the car. We chatted on the porch for a few and then I told her we had to be leaving. Before I left I had to pee, like all pregnant women do! This might be too much info but I noticed that I was peeing for a bit too long. Once I had stopped, I stood up and was going to make my way to the sink and something didn't feel right. I sat back down to go to the bathroom and that's when I knew it. My water broke. I called my mom into the bathroom and told her that I thought my water broke and she didn't believe me. Once she saw the panic in my eyes she knew it was for real. I started crying about all my groceries that were going to go bad and she hurried me along to the car. Aiva was somewhat oblivious to what was going on which was a good thing because after I was finished crying about the groceries I started crying about leaving her! My mom drove me to our house and threw the stuff in the refrigerator and got my over night bag. I called my mother in law who was of course surprised because she wasn't planning on coming to welcome a grand daughter but the timing worked out perfect. Nate was at the hospital waiting for me, since he worked there. He was outside waiting for me with a wheel chair. Had I not been leaking so much I would have walked but my back side was wet...completely wet! I kissed Aiva and cried that I had to leave her and then turned to head to the hospital for my life to be changed forever more. I got there around 3 and she was born around 6. She was so beautiful and the first thing I noticed was that she had my thumbs. I knew then that she had to be special. Happy birthday baby girl...in honor of your birthday, here are four things that I love about her.

1) I love Ana's smile...she smiles like her mama - just like a Cheshire cat!

2) I love that her motto is "God is always with us".

3) I love that she has poker straight hair which is so different than Aiva's.

4) I love that she always asks her dad, "Dad, how do I look?" She values his opinion and aims to make her daddy happy...most times!


Hope you have a great year and that God blesses and shines on you as you celebrate being four years old!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette