Friday, October 8, 2010

School

I never realized how hard it was being a mom of a child in school until I had a child in school. I think I have a new appreciation for parents of school aged children. I would love to go back and deal with some of the things I dealt with when the girls were smaller. This school business is pretty tough stuff...and Aiva is only in first grade. Like every parent, you want your kids to ace their spelling test, to have the best project, and to not get in trouble for talking to the kids next to them. You have to give your child all these instructions to make sure that everything goes as it should. With my personality I'm not one who likes to fly by the seat of the pants. I like to have a plan and know the proper steps to execute the plan. The funny part is that I thought I was going to have no problem helping Aiva with homework. How tough could first grade be anyway, right? Wrong... there have been a couple times when I've gone to Google to help me with trying to figure out how to help Aiva with her homework. In one situation, she was actually educating me! Looks like I was a little too big for my britches when I thought that this level would be a piece of cake. As moms, we're always thinking that the time period that we're in is the hardest. My co-worker has a son that won't stay in his crib. Needless to say, she's had a few sleepless nights. I know I must have gone through this with two kids but for the heck of me I can't remember what I did. I'm sure I went to Google or Parenting.com to find out what to do. You learn to cope with less sleep and hope and pray that your little one will just stay in bed. I guess that's what I have to do. Learn to cope with the smarts that I do have and hope and pray that your little one will never catch on that you're learning right along with them!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh, goodness. I am so not ready for that stage with my kids. It is so true that we always think we are in the hardest stage and then something comes along that is even harder and we think back to the "easy" days. Funny. What a great adventure parenting is! I love the way you wrote this post. So insightful and neat. Thanks for sharing! I might have to come to you for tips when Avery gets to that point! : )

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette