Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas

I really love working at the church at Christmas time. It's seriously one of my favorite times of the year. It kind of gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and makes me think of the picture below. Makes you want to break out in a Christmas carol! There's something inviting and sacred in it all at the same time. The only time I went to a little church like this was when I was in college and each time I entered through the door I always thought about how much fun it would be to have church there at Christmas.
At Westerville I love to see all the decorations and the Christmas trees that are decorated in red and green. To walk downstairs at church when there's no one around and the building is dark all except the Christmas trees is so much fun. Makes me giggle just thinking about it! Again, something inviting and sacred all at the same time. I wonder if the wise men felt a little of the same thing when they came to see baby Jesus. When they came upon the stable and saw the flicker of the candle lights in an old dark stable. The excitement of what lied ahead of them...the anticipation for what was about to happen. I wonder if it was a little inviting and sacred all at the same time. I know it's only October but I can feel the excitement and I sense the anticipation for what's about to happen! Can you feel it or is it just me? I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette