Saturday, March 12, 2011

March Madness

March Madness is one of my favorite times of the year. I love basketball, I love Nate, and I love watching basketball with Nate :) It can't get any better than this! There's just something about this time...these few weeks. The Selection Show is just the beginning. Nate and I sit on the edge of our seats as the teams are picked. We fill out our brackets together and most times he takes my advice :) Not to brag but I've done pretty good with my brackets in years past. I love the challenge of it all. I love breaking out my two colors of highlighters to mark the W's and L's. Nate laughs at my traditions but I must confess something. After the tournament is over, my brackets look like a work of art! Anyway, another reason why I love this time is because you get to find out about these kids. They're not just talented basketball players. They're actual people with a story. A testimony. I was just watching Dwayne Wade's story today and it showed clips of when he went to Marquette and what his "story" was at that time. I have to admit...it got me. Choked me up a bit. That's what I love! I love the stories behind these people...where they've been, what they've experienced.


Another thing that I'm ecstatic about is the movie coming out tomorrow on ESPN Fab Five! It's about the Fab Five at Michigan - Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King, Juwan Howard, and Ray Jackson. I've watched these guys since before they were freshman at Michigan. Chris Webber has been my all time favorite ball player. Despite the laughs about "Timeout" and the bad comments I've heard, I've remained faithful. I am so happy that both Webber and Jalen Rose are commentators and are doing with with ESPN. I read the book Fab Five by Mitch Albom when I was in 8th grade. Got thru it in 2 days. I soaked it up like a sponge. It's the best era of basketball that I've seen - despite the fact that they didn't get the National Championship. Can't wait for tomorrow!



It's gonna be great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Meggan! We fill out the brackets at work and it is a lot of fun. I'm rooting for the Buckeyes this year! All the way!!
Judy Hinten

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette