Today's tip is one I've used several times. More than I'd like, but the good part is that it WORKS! Mom's, have you ever had spills that involve carpet and Kool-Aid? You're left frustrated and most times taking it out on your kids. Before you explode next time, take a deep breath and know that it's easy to clean up. Here's the instructions!
1. First get a bowl and put a small squirt of dish soap in it. Then fill the bowl with hot water. Go ahead and plug in the Iron while your at it.
2. Go to the stain and put enough soapy water on the stain to make the carpet wet. Don't drown the carpet though :)
3. Take the white towel and place it over the stain.
4. Get the hot iron (careful don't burn yourself!) and place the iron on the towel over where the stain is. You can move the iron back and forth like your ironing or keep it in one place. If you keep it in one place don't do it for long. You don't want a burnt carpet.
5. You will start to see the white towel turn the color of the stain. Keep repeating the process until the stain has lifted. I had to repeat the process for about an hour when my daughter spilled red kool-aid over her off white carpet. It works though!!
That's it...that's your tip for Tuesday. Make it a great one!