Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

So every year I always do my goals for the year in January (colossal ideas, I know). I normally do the same amount of goals for how old I am, therefore, this year, I'm doing 34! Once I list my goals for this year, I'll update you on what all happened from last year. Here goes nothing:

#1 - MOVE...so excited to get into a house! It's been 5 long years!
#2 - Build our savings
#3 - Do more craft stuff
#4 - Make more jewelry
#5 - Make more jewelry for others
#6 - Make another quilt
#7 - Do a garden
#8 - Send more cards
#9 - Bless others more
#10 - Spend less time on the computer when at home
#11 - East out less on weekends
#12 - Be consistent with menu planning thru the week
#13 - Work with my kids more on reading the bible
#14 - Do a date night with each of my girls by themselves
#15 - Pamper myself more
#16 - Call my dad more
#17 - Organize my paperwork
#18 - Get rid of old jammies
#19 - Go to bed earlier
#20 - Take a lunch more often
#21 - Get my pictures organized
#22 - Go on a family vacation to Chicago
#23 - Having to buy all new clothes because they're too big (ok, maybe more of a dream :) )
#24 - Have no warning lights shining on our car
#25 - Have a table at a craft show
#27 - Be on time to work
#28 - Have a set quiet time
#29 - Read thru the Bible
#30 - Working with the girls on allowance
#31 - Teach the girls how to save and tithe
#32 - Be patient with my kids
#33 - Drink less caffeine
#34 - Be patient with Nate

From 2011...what is green is something I've accomplished or I'm working on and what's in red are items that I didn't do:

#1 Since I'm turning 33, the same age that Jesus was when he was crucified, I want to live more like Christ.
#2 To be 33 pounds lighter (I'm giving it another go)
#3 To pay off our car
#4 To make three new friends
#5 To learn to make my own laundry detergent - thanks Nicole for getting me excited
#6 To pray more for my brother
#7 To drink more water than Dr. Pepper :)
#8 To eat more at home instead of eating out
#9 To build our savings account
#10 To make something special for my girls this Christmas
#11 To go on a once in a lifetime trip on 11/11/11 in Montana
#12 To start making jewelry with Ana & Aiva
#13 To learn how to better communicate with Aiva
#14 To show Nate more affection
#15 To encourage my dad
#16 To visit my Nana & Grandpa more
#17 To give blood once this year (I'm scared to death)
#18 To eat a star fruit
#19 To make something for someone
#20 To get to bed at a decent time
#21 To work out
#22 To play with the girls instead of having something else entertain them
#23 To make more time for Nate
#24 To make more time for myself
#25 To read more to the girls
#26 To take time out for Ana and spending time with just her
#27 Try to eat more vegetables (yuck)
#28 To appreciate the things we have instead of what we don't
#29 To think outside the box more
#30 To enjoy the girls laughter instead of telling them to be quiet
#31 To be a friend to someone who needs one
#32 To be quiet and listen to God
#33 Take more pictures to capture life

Financial Updates

Baby Step #1 - Save $1000 in an emergency savings plan

USED IT ALL TO PAY FOR AIVA'S TONSILS

Baby Step #2 - Get out of debt with the debt snowball

AGAIN...AIVA'S TONSILS

Baby Step #3 - Start saving 3-6 months of expenses in savings

STARTING Hopefully in the summer

Baby Step #4 - Invest 15% in a Roth IRA

CURRENTLY DOING 8% IN MY ROTH

Baby Step #5 - Future funding for kids

SAVING $100 PER CHILD PER MONTH

Baby Step #6 - Pay off home early

Baby Step #7 - Build wealth & give

1 comment:

Aubre Rice said...

What a fantastic idea with the goals for the year! I think I might steal this. You are incredibly creative and I love reading all your blogs. Incredible job on all you accomplished this year. Good for you. I'm blessed to know you!! xxoo

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette