Friday, January 16, 2009

Real

OK...I'm finally taking the plunge. I'm officially going to make my blog public. I can't believe I'm going to do it but I am. I just got home from a Women's Retreat at my church and it made me think a lot about who I portray myself to be. Not that I'm fake or I put on a plastic mask all the time but I need to be more real (if that's a word) in my day to day life. Real...what is real? According the the dictionary, "real" is defined as:

*being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory; "real objects"
*real(a): no less than what is stated; worthy of the name; "the real reason"; "real war"
*not to be taken lightly
*actual: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something
*of, relating to, or representing an amount that is corrected for inflation; "real prices"
*substantial: having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary

This is what I want to be. "Occurring in fact or actuality". This blog has been very real to me and my thoughts and opinions are just that...MY thoughts and MY opinions. I've wanted to hide my blog for awhile because by displaying it and making it open for everyone to read means that I have to be vulnerable. Well, as a woman, and a Christian one at that, I need to put myself in a place where I have to be vulnerable. I need to tell others that "Hey, I have problems...I have issues." Everything is not OK and yes, I do get upset and angry with people. I'm not perfect but God has been good and is good and He works everything out for the good of those who love Him. So, if you're new to the blog, read with caution. I'm saying that as a disclosure. I've learned so much about myself by blogging and have grown in my faith by leaps and bounds. If you read something and disagree with what I've said, please remember that this blog includes my thoughts and opinions. I'm not writing them to impress anyone but to get it out there...sort of like a prayer. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life...our life. God has great things in store and I can't wait to find out and write what God has planned. As soon as I know...you will!

1 comment:

JudyBright said...

Enjoy your public blogging. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette