From the article, "39 Things Every Mom Should Know", here are my favorites:
1) If the kids are awake, bit the bullet and be awake yourself. You'll waste so many hours trying futilely to extend early-morning snoozes that it's just not worth it. If you are sick, pregnant, or it's in the middle of the night, ignore this advice.
2) Teach your kids not to pee outside unless you're camping - you'll be glad you did. But if other people's kids do it, don't judge the parents too harshly. It's all about karma. If you're in the midst of potty training, all bets are off!
3) Buy cheap shoes when kids are little. Feet grow faster that you think.
4) Know this: the stain WON'T come out! And it's OK. The sooner you accept this, the better!
5) Answer this question: What is the worse thing that can happen if your kids sleep in their clothes.
6) Never stifle a generous inclination.
7) Teach them to pump on the swing ASAP
8) If your child falls asleep occasionally without brushing her teeth, don't wake her; baby teeth do eventually fall out.
9) Teach your children to make their own breakfast - and allow enough time to do it without pressure.
10) Use duvet covers on your comforters and forget about a top sheet. Not only will you thank me but your kids will too as they learn to make their beds.
11) Always pack wipes. If your kids go somewhere without you, send along wipes. It's like having a mom with them!
12) Dress your little girls like, well, little girls.
13) Don't buy the most expensive school-picture package. It's a waste of money.
14) You're never too old to dress up and decorate your house for holidays. It's more fun for everyone if you're into it. It also entitles you to more candy!
15) Independence is a wonderful thing. For everyone! So is together time. Make sure you have a healthy dose of both!