Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rut

As I was thinking this evening about what to blog, the first word that came to mind was funk. I've been in this "funk" today and I can't really explain why. The more I thought about it the more I thought...what really is "funk". In response, I of course had to look it up! This actually turned out to be a bad idea because it therefore added to my funkness and I was then convicted to find another word for my funkness. I'm not going to put the definition because it's practically X rated. So you see, I needed to find another word for me f...yeah. So, going through the rather short list of words that's stored in my thesaurus in my head, I came up with "rut". According to Wikipedia, "A rut is a depression or groove worn into a road or path by the travel of wheels or skis or by erosion from flowing water. The term stuck in a rut can be used figuratively to refer to a situation in which, as time progresses, the situation is unable to be changed or steered in a desired way." I think that's me...I guess the time progresses part is actually about 5 hours so it's not a long period of time but I'm definitely "unable to be changed or steered in a desired way." As I'm thinking now, I would like to be steered right this very moment in a way that leads to shopping. That usually helps me clear my head for just a bit. I know most girls like retail therapy. I remember this one particular day I was in a "rut" and I ended the day with a successful trip to the thrift store where I came up with my treasured pie plate. You can check it out here. I could use another trip like that! So that's it...I'm in a rut and I could sure use some retail therapy. Actually, now that I'm really thinking about it...I better close out for now and do some prayer therapy! Retail therapy might follow though! If you're in a rut today or tonight, join me as we make tomorrow a better day!

2 comments:

JudyBright said...

Are you sure you looked up the right 'f' word? ;-)

Meggan said...

Aren't you funny! Yes, I looked up the right f word!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette