Thursday, October 8, 2009

Revelation

Today I had a revelation...it was a good one too! I was in bible study and we just got done listening to Beth Moore talk about being transformed. We were in our smaller groups and we were talking about what part of the "talk" hit us the most. One part of the "talk" Beth was saying that "we've got to move past our devastation with God" to get to our "this far" moment with God. When we're, like David, afraid and angry with God, we're still right in the midst of our devastation. My reoccurring issue (thanks Erica) throughout this study and the last one, has been that I have control issues. I'm not fully willing to let go of things so that God can move in ways that only He can. My revelation that I had, turned out to be that I'm AFRAID of where God may led, therefore I feel like I have to control so I don't get led to places that I'm not comfortable with. "God has come to absolutely mark our lives with glory...He's come to take us this far...so far that it has to be God!" My response is that I need to be more trusting of God. I need to pray for God's will and trust that He knows what's best for me and know that He will put me where He wants me. God has taken me to places that I never thought I'd go...he brought me to my knees. Maybe that's telling me that I need to spend more time there. Where has God taken you? It's time to move past your devastation...do it today!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette