Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Start Afresh

Today is one of those days that I have to start afresh. On Monday in my small group, good ole' Beth Moore said that God can change my mood. I'm praying that he can do just that right now. With the power of the Holy Spirit, I really can Live Beyond Myself. Here are some things that I have to remember:

My purpose is beyond me...my seasonal circumstances are beyond me...my unrelenting daily demands are beyond me.

Through the power of the Holy Spirit I can...

do things I couldn't...feel things I didn't...know things I wouldn't.

We had a rough night with Ana. She had a bad asthma attack last night and we were in urgent care getting breathing treatments and steroids. We have to do this every so often and it really takes a hit on me. This is on top of an already stressful and mentally challenging day. I had to deal with someone that was just plain mean and not very grateful. God had all this up his sleeve when I heard that whole thing on Monday about God changing my attitude. He was preparing my heart for what was about to lie ahead.

To be honest, I really don't want to be at work right now. I don't want to be nice right now. I don't want to do anything now except be at home with my little girl. Instead I'm clinging to Isaiah 43:18-19:

18 "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history.19 Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.

I'm praying that something good comes out of today...that it's brand new and it's bursting out. God...I need you to show up today and be big...really big!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Bob's Motivational Tip 1

Dolvette